At the June 10 ArtWalk event announced earlier this week, visitors enjoyed playing “Make a Quilt” and entering in the drawing to WIN YOUR QUILT! It was a hit. So much so, that we are now planning to do it again later this summer on the front sidewalk outside West Seattle Grounds coffee shop. In the meantime, thought you’d enjoy some glimpses of the creativity from Thursday night!
Some lovely non-winners below
This is how the “Make a Quilt” game works:
Public: Who can play? Everyone!
1. Ensure hands are clean, with wipes provided.
2. Browse through the quilt squares, choose 15 that you like. Put the other ones into a neat pile to the side.
3. Choose your layout: horizontal or vertical.
(“Frankenstein” is vertical; “Respect wall-hanging” is horizontal)
4. Lay out your quilt squares in lines according to the blue taped areas on the table. It will create a design that is 3 squares x 5 squares (vertical), or 5 squares x 3 squares (horizontal).
5. Straighten it all up.
6. Take a photo with your cell phone.
Congratulations! You are now a quilt designer and that is your first e-quilt!
To win a real quilt made out of your design, join the WIN YOUR QUILT drawing!